How E-Commerce & the Timing of the Shopping Annuity Are Changing the New Economy
I’m grateful to have learned at a young age that people hate to be sold but they love to buy. There are a few occasions throughout my life where I learned these lessons.
The first was around August 2015. I was home at this time after graduating from college and waiting until September to move to Philadelphia. Naturally, I needed work to do while I was at home. So, for about a month, I worked at an Amazon fulfillment center. It was grueling work on my feet for 10–12 hours every day. But we had to fulfill the orders of all of the Amazon consumers. At the end of the day, these people loved to shop and spend way too much of their money. Welcome to America.
Secondly, once in Philadelphia, during the holiday season, I worked as a sales associate at Macy’s in Plymouth Meeting. This was from November to roughly December of 2015. Funny enough, when people came into the store and I asked them, “Hello, may I help you?” They normally replied, “Nope we’re good, just looking.” Clearly, they were in the store to buy some goods or services but they didn’t want to be sold by anyone, let alone me. Ironically, because of the shifts in commerce, that Macy’s store is no longer open. Paradigm shifts my friends!
Lastly, for the past three years, I’ve been working fulltime in financial services and insurance. I won’t get into details here but needless to say, people surely don’t enjoy being sold by a salesman or saleswoman on why a product or service can fit into their overall retirement profile or portfolio.
People want education and to hear stories at the end of the day. From there, I’ve found they’ll end up making an informed decision to either buy for themselves or not buy. Consumers don’t want or need, their arm twisted or to be punched in the face and sold bandaids at the end of any transaction. Do you get what I’m saying? Traditional sales have always been a zero-sum game. Why can’t it be a win-win situation? Or can it?
People and consumers today can buy virtually anything online from anywhere in the world. As a reminder, we do live in a global economy for anyone out there still living under a rock! With massive brick-and-mortar store closings, the world is moving at a rapid pace toward online sales, one-to-one marketing and e-commerce for every category imaginable.
To no one’s surprise, entrepreneurs have been busily developing online business models and internet marketing, or consulting, businesses in order to attract a significant user base in hopes to earn revenue. That’s business 101. The key, however, to building a successful online business model requires a roadmap, goal setting, planning, a smart team, and the right travel guides who know how to avoid the potholes along the way.
It’s humbling and grateful to know roadmaps have already been constructed and the foundations were paved decades ago with a business model today that’s called the Shopping Annuity. By converting everyday spending into earning, this disruptive business allows consumers to buy what they were normally buying, but instead of having those purchases be liabilities, a portion is given to them as earnings, or now an asset.
Let’s face it, Amazon is essentially the world’s largest bookstore and retailer, and they don’t own a single bookstore or many brick-and-mortar locations. Uber is the largest taxi service in the world, and they don’t own a single taxi/car. Airbnb is one of the largest, if not the biggest, holders of rental homes, vacation spots, and single or multi-residence spaces, and they don’t own a single piece of that real estate.
Market America and Shop.com look at the retail landscape in a similar lens and realize there’s a massive opportunity for us as a global e-commerce powerhouse to change the way people shop around the world. There’s going to come a day, and it’s already here, where technology and artificial intelligence (AI) allow you to stay at home while wearing glasses, allowing you to shop in a virtual way in order to have those products/goods/services delivered to your home in 24–48 hours. Crazy, isn’t it?
Consumers don’t just shop for luxury items so we’re not selling Rolex’s, cars or homes here. Those transactions still need a face-to-face and human-to-human element, which I personally believe will never go away. Just like finance, insurance, real estate or any other broker or brokerage business model. People here shop for the things they’re using every day — toilet paper, skincare products, makeup, protein, supplements, deodorant, hand sanitizer, hand soap, toothpaste, razors, shampoo, conditioner, coffee, tea, etc. Do you see the trend here? These are all reorderable products as I just came up with that word!
It took 26 years for the technology to catch up to the corporate team’s original vision of the early 1990s of interconnected shoppers who wield their collective buying power and convert spending into earning. Their voices in the market place are being heard loud and clear.
We received two specific spotlights and positive press releases from USA Today and Entrepreneur magazine earlier in 2018. This is changing the way e-commerce works so I’ll attach those links below for those of you interested in checking out the articles.
Business Spotlight: Market America|SHOP.COM - USA TODAY Classifieds
The Shopping Annuity®: Could This Change The Way E-Commerce Works? People today can buy almost anything online from…
4 Effective Business Models That Built Billion-Dollar Companies
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. It takes more than a mere initial idea to build a…
James (JR) Ridinger, Founder, and CEO says his business model is composed of four key elements and moving parts:
- SHOPPING ASSESSMENT: Individuals need to qualify by taking a shopping assessment to identify their every day, weekly and monthly spending habits that can then be redirected through Shop.com’s platform to create an ongoing/residual income as business owners. Or merely save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars annually as its free to register as a preferred customer.
- SHOPPING HABITS: Using the same money they currently spend on everyday products, people buy the mentioned products above through their own businesses, as opposed to giving their money away to Proctor & Gamble or Johnson & Johnson. A vast amount of exclusively labeled brands as well as other nationally branded and Fortune 100 brands consumers know and have grown to love are all partnered up with Shop.com.
- SHOPPING AUTOMATION: Shopping Annuity technology provides individuals annual spending reminders, widgets, product and gift recommendations, and convenient shopping lists. I have zero tech background and do not know how to program or write code, so thankfully Microsoft, Google, and Adobe do all of that fun IT work!
- SHOPPING LEVERAGE: By identifying key partnerships and other individuals who are coachable, trustworthy, have integrity and the right values, and importantly, are committed to improving their financial situation, individuals can learn, teach, manage and support others in converting spending into earning. It’s simple, change what you buy and how you buy it i.e your shopping habits.
In addition to all of that, there are six additional aspects of the business we have that no one else does. Allow me to explain:
- Monetized Network. There are roughly 200,000 entrepreneurs globally and 6,000,000+ customers who are connected to those individuals. The vision of the company is to have one million entrepreneurs around the globe serving and helping many other individuals and customers.
- Universal Shopping Cart. Only one other company outside of Shop.com has this, and yes, it’s Amazon. Some elements are similar and others are much different.
- Everything That One Buys. Over 30 million products at the best price.
- Tracking System. We have an organic referral thread and a one-to-one marketing footprint. Thousands of venders, corporate partnerships, brands everyone loves and already purchases, merchants, and exclusive products/brands. When you combine them all it’s truly remarkable.
- Assessment Tool. I mentioned this above but this technology allows individuals to identify their spending habits and match products to people and people to products.
- Financial Vehicle. Paired with today’s technology, we’re able to convert spending into a residual income.
The Shopping Annuity is the most inclusive and disruptive e-commerce, product brokerage and UnFranchise business there is in the world. It doesn’t matter how much money people make, their education level or life experience. When people follow the proven system for success to build a solid foundation and business, they can finally be rewarded for the value they’ve brought to the marketplace.
The choice is simple. Quite frankly, it just makes sense. Individuals can continue to shop from retail establishments by spending money and making other companies and people money. Or you can build a Shopping Annuity and continue to shop how you normally were through those stores and receive credit which, when done the right way, can build an ongoing residual income. Why not help yourself and others make money? The money’s merely the byproduct allowing you to do what you want, when you want, with whoever you want, wherever you want. It’s your choice. Heads or tails.
My Very Best,